Yubico’s 2020 ‘State of Password and Authentication Security Behaviors Report’, states that 59% of IT security respondents report that within their organization, human memory is the main way to manage passwords.
Despite continued cyber threats and attacks, are we becoming more security-minded, and better yet, are we following best practices?
The Ponemon Institute recently surveyed 2,507 IT and IT security practitioners in the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Sweden, and Australia regarding password and authentication behaviors. 59% of IT security respondents report that within their organization, human memory is the main way to manage passwords. Additionally, 563 individual users were surveyed to understand the differences in security behaviors between IT security practitioners and individuals.
For more info and to download the report, click here.
Download this report to see the responses to these questions and learn:
- How IT security and individual users respond to security threats
- Security behaviors and practices in the workplace
- The popularity of passwordless authentication
- How businesses can protect customer accounts with two-factor authentication
- The increased risk to businesses with personal mobile devices being brought into the workplace
To be one step ahead of the 59%, purchase your own YubiKey in South Africa!